the how to's
Cleaning Blinds - There are many types, mini, horizontal, vertical,
cellular, roman, venetian, Thermal, and a host of others to choose from.
Levelor seems to be the favorite and end up on most windows.
For the most
part they are easy to install and take down for cleaning.
Verticals are what we see on many
apartment windows today.
They can be
washed down very easily, and they last for a very long time. Whatever choice
you make for your windows, make sure they can be easily
Think of Paper Blinds when you need to have something temporary in your home.
HERE ARE A FEW METHODS TO HELP KEEP THEM CLEAN
Cleaning Blinds with a feather duster:
- You can push the dust off of each slat very
easily with this.
- There are dusters that fit in between the slats,
and will usually clean four or five at a time. You can spray them with an
anti-dust repellant that will remove the dust.
- You can
also use a rag with the anti-dust repellant and go over them.
- If you have a vacuum cleaner with attachments,
you can use the brush and vacuum over each slat to remove the dust.
WASHING YOUR BLINDS
- Cleaning Blinds is made easy by filling a bucket with warm water and some liquid
detergent. Add a capful of bleach and use a soft cloth to go over each
- You can wipe both sides
at one time.
- If your slats are wood, do not use water to clean
- They will warp and look worn in a short amount of time.
- I have found that a little lemon oil on a
soft rag will do just fine.
- If not too big, most other types of blinds can be taken down and placed in the tub to wash.
the tub with warm water, some liquid detergent and a capful of bleach.
- Place them in the tub and allow to soak for
about 15 minutes. Then take a soft brush and go over each of the slats. When you’re done, drain off the water and
rinse them off.
You can place them
outside to dry or lay down some towels over plastic bags, placing the
blinds on top to dry.
You can of course take them outside and wash
them down with the hose. Just lay them
out totally open, fill your bucket with some warm water, liquid detergent
and a capful of bleach. Use a soft brush and go over them. Then
rinse with the hose and hang to dry.
Replace when finished.
ULTRA SONIC CLEANING
- This is a method of cleaning blinds that is being used
- It is quite simple and very good. The Blinds are placed into a container of soapy water and
very powerful sound waves are added that gently clean the blinds, the
cords, and the headers of each blind.
- The great thing about this process is they do it on site.
- They remove your blinds, take them to their
truck for cleaning, return them and rehang.
- They look brand new when done. Look for
specials in your areas and use them.
- This is a great service and it
will save an enormous amount of your valuable time.
While Cleaning Blinds, ever wonder where the venetian blind originated?
"An excellent article on custom blinds and their benefits."
to top / home /
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.